Admission information for PhD candidates
(1) Admission to the doctoral program is organized through the annual admission process. Students can apply two ways:
- Regular Admission for Students applying from Hungary – OPEN – Application Page – Deadline: 2023.05.31.
- Regular Admission for Students applying from abroad – OPEN – Application Page –
- Admission with Comprehensive Exam – OPEN – Application Page – Deadline: 2023.05.31.
(2) Applications to the Doctoral Program have to be submitted via website of the Doctoral Program by the announced deadline. The application must include a fully completed application form and the proof of payment of the administration fee.
(3) Degrees earned abroad may have to be accepted in accordance to the applicable law before applying. University students who will sit for their final MSc exams after the application deadline, must enclose a copy of their transcripts with their application forms. The admission of these students will be pending as conditional.
(4) The examination date of the Comprehensive Exam is 18th and 19th of January, 2023. In the admission process the applicant is requested to identify a specialization (Management or Transdisciplinarity).
(5) The Secretary of the Doctoral Program will notify the candidates about the exact date and time of the admission interview (admission interviews via Skype are possible as an alternative).
(6) The admission interviews are free-flowing conversations, lasting up to an hour per applicant, where the Admission Committee intends to get to know the person behind the many data and details filed in the system. The admission interview is also a forum where the applicants can defend and clarify their views and convince committee members about the relevance of their research proposals. The committee attempts to assess the applicants’ fit and judge their future success with the Doctoral Program. In its evaluation, the committee considers four broad categories: prior education/experience and recommendations, cover letter (explaining the applicant’s view about how the program may impact their career), and the committee’s assessment and impressions during the interview.
(7) Regarding the SzEEDSM Program the admission committee will evaluate the candidates according to the following general principles (max. points 100):
|Prior education/experience and recommendations||max. 40 points|
|Cover letter||max. 20 points|
|Admission interview||max. 40 points|
(8) The candidates will be ranked by the Admission Committee and the Doctoral Council will make the final acceptance or rejections decisions.
(9) The Program Director will inform the candidates about the decision in writing by email.
(10) Tuition fee is EUR 1500 per semester for students from EU. Tuition fee is EUR 2,500 per semester for Non-EU country applicants. Applicants from Non-EU countries are required to pay the fee for the first two semesters after the successful admission exam. Successful applicants living in Hungary may be considered for scholarships. Széchenyi University supports the outstanding studies and the successful publications.
For more information please click to Call for applications.